Thursday, September 12, 2013

IF Hidden


Mother Goose Rides Again

Gliding so quietly in the air throughout the night and hidden from the clouds Mother Goose rides again. Children in this town all tucked in tight and settling in for the night.  She sprinkles a bit of magic and spreads stories of all kinds to children of the next generation.

Well, have a great weekend. Do not forget to either read to your child each night or have them read as a down time before bed. Reading is so important.

For the older kid in your life age 8 and up ( maybe a bit older than 8 ) I recommend these great fairytale inspired books.
I loved them. They are full of adventure and have a lot of recognizable characters that you grew up with. It is packed with fairies, Mother Goose, Little Red Riding hood, Cinderella, trolls just to name a few.
The author is Chris Colfer and he is from the show glee.
Wonderful imaginative and very vivid characters.
The illustration done above was inspired by these stories. I do not know the author at all but recommend this as a must read. I love both but my favorite has to be the second book " The Enchantress Returns".
If you read them let me know what you think! :)


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your Mother Goose, Ann! So magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So much magic in the air. And I really love those colorful glowing rooftops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments they are very much appreciated!