Wednesday, March 6, 2013

IF Talent



Talent! It takes alot to do what they do with a smile night after night. My husband, our two girls and I went to see Le Cirque in New York at the Radio City Music Hall last summer. I was amazed at how quirky and lovely they all seemed to be. Also held my breath off and on with all the acrobatics they performed so perfectly. We all really enjoyed the show.
I never really felt that going to a circus was a good thing to take my kids to see. Due to possible animal cruelty and all the reports of it going on just sickens me in my stomach. So this was an amazing alternative. Let the people carry the show and do not put animals through any abuse to make a dollar.

Also seeing the movie Water for Elephants recently with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson (who are beautiful in the movie by the way) really made me want to draw something positive and show interest without animals.

Above is a black and white sketch that at some point in the future plan to color in a bit. Thought I might use it as a promotional piece. Maybe. But I hope it does see a glimpse of all the talent I tried to show they have.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun sketch!! So much to look at!! Would make a great promo piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Almost do not want to work it in color! :) Hoping I will like it as much as I do now.... at some point it will get done. :)

      Delete
  2. ooh! very fun and highly animated! love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is terrific! So much wonderful detail and I love the grayscale. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments they are very much appreciated!