Wednesday, March 21, 2012

IF Shade(s)

Okay a stretch here. So hear it out. This is what I thought of. I just loved doing this with my girls. Making shadow things on the wall. So I took out a small notepad and did a quick sketch. I am supposed to lay off my hand. My old carpal tunnel wrist and arm is killing me ( which you think the surgery I had for it would keep this from happening!). But, of course when you do not usually sketch so much and when you are told "stay off it!" . I did this to ease my art brain for a while because I had to also take off from doing another ebook book I am illustrating.OH! and I have not done a IF in a while. I did add in some white which I really think it needed before sending it in. Hope you like it and will be okay with shade instead of shades. I had a whole other pic in my head but knew if I worked on it I would not be able to use my hand at all. Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. They look like they are having so much fun!!! Great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's a stretch. Your take is refreshing and there's lots of great characterization here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun illustration! I can almost hear them giggling.
    I don't think it's a stretch either.
    I hope you get wrist and arm relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful:)Love the characters:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree beautiful! Reminds me of the puppet shows and plays we did as a kid. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, the "comment" button is white on a white background, which made finding it tricky!

    This is really adorable. Their faces are so cute and happy. Lovely little scene and I really like the sketchy style. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shades upon shades! YAY! Wouldn't you just love to be on the other side of the window for the most delightful shadow puppet show in the world??? Then again, the kids are so adorable, it would be fun to just watch them too. :)

    Ooh, I love your header! It's a magical scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments they are very much appreciated!