Thursday, July 8, 2010

IF Giant

Although Lilly is small her personality is Giant! All her friends make sure to tell her how Giant her shadow is on stage. This made Lilly smile... :)

I only had enough time to clear up my sketch. I am really happy on how this turned out and I am hoping that when I put it into color I will be as happy. I think I will take my time on this one.

Lilly is a character I am developing for a story that I have in my head. ( written on some scrap paper) She is a combination of me and my beautiful girls. :D

Lilly's personality is nothing like me. I could never go on stage! oh, except when I was little and did dance recitals. Thinking back to it makes me nervous and ugh! :D

10 comments:

  1. SO cutee :) I can't wait to see it finished :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, it even is great without colors, the atmosphere is just perfect on stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming character is Lilly :)

    Love the grey pallete!

    Thank you for your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anne great angle and wonderful work! Can't wait to see it colored. Love your picnic scene too! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW, adorable! Reminds me of my little one -- a wee pixie, but she dominates! Love all the little expressions. And those costumes rock!

    Ann, thank you for your visits and lovely comment. I hope you have a fantastic and fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it. I can't wait to learn more about Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann, I have a little neighbor next door named "Lily." She also has a "giant" personality to match, and keeps us entertained with her backyard operas and yodeling! I'd imagine she would love to be on stage, just like the girl in your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilly is a sweet start of a character. I like the perspective of this illustration - Thanks for your visit!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love the black and white. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments they are very much appreciated!